Polymer Clay miniatures as jewelry!http://www.etsy.com/shop/CatrinasToybox

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hm, blogging is hard when you're not a very chatty type. 

       Going to take pictures today; I'd be doing it right now but the sun hasn't shifted low enough and the nice new blinds I had to get? I can't reach the cord. I'm way too short, even standing on the back of the couch...which is entirely foolish for someone as clumsy as I am.
        I have a whole bunch of these on my desk top, about to be finished with them!

 This is a necklace; there's a matching ring which I'm working on, too.
 It's called the Deluxe Breakfast ring and it can be found here!  It might not look like it but it takes a bit of work.  Every single item is either shaded, glazed or both.  The orange slice, for example is completely made by hand; NOT from a cane! It's also textured to resemble real pulp, not just stuck with a needle several times.  It's then glazed with two different glazes!  And that's just the slice.  I have to make the bail on the back out of another type of finding by hammering it with my bench block to boot.

       The other thing on my desk  takes a little less work, but is still heavily shaded, detailed and uses more thane one glaze finish for a little more realism. 
These are a pair of ear studs and can also be found
on my shop.   I have two pair of these being finished up along with toast ear studs with a heart-shaped butter pat on 'em.   I also have a bowl of alphabet soup we're turning into a ring, an unshaded grapefruit we're turning into a ring, a pair of jalapeno and pepperoni earrings... and a teacup filled with "blood".
Today's blog turned out a bit better than the others! Hopefully they didn't go from "boring because they say nothing" to "boring because they are overly verbose". :P

~Catrina

No comments:

Post a Comment